Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A House

A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.
Ecclesiastes 4:12


We experience things differently with different friends. Each one has his/her unique ability to see things in a new way than you do. To see things through the “window” of your friends’ eyes helps to create a new point of view, which possibly you would have never seen. When we are having a tough time, we can “walk into the living room” of our friends’ soul, and experience a completely different surrounding to look at our circumstance through.

I rely on my friend’s and family’s point of view, maybe more than I should. I love to explain a situation to them and see it from their eyes. I am often surprised by their reaction or feedback. Each person has vastly different life experiences from which to draw, and each person is “right” in their own mind. I have made major decisions from leaning on friends or family to give me their opinion.

My husband, Keith, and I agree on so many things, however, there are some issues that he will see completely the opposite of how I would view it. While this can be frustrating at times, I value it more than I am upset about it.

Much of who I am today is due to the feedback from my husband, friends and family members. I place a very high significance on these relationships and strive to keep them in balance, so they are refreshing in my life, not draining.

Dear God, please help me to ask the right questions and discern the proper answers when talking to friends and family about sensitive matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment